Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Latest Update: July 4, 2022
- Roosevelt/Wabash station profile expanded with new historical and recent information and 16 new photos.
- 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station profile updated with details of 1965 station reconstruction and 7 new photos.
- Montrose Blue Line station profile updated with recent developments on accessibility improvements.
- Station profiles updated with info and images of station symbol signs from the 1950s/60: Belmont (2 signs), Kedzie (Ravenswood), Francisco, 50th Ave, Laramie/Lake, Monroe/State (2 signs), Rockwell and Clark/Lake.
- Station profiles updated with info and images of station symbol signs of the 1970s/80s KDR-type: Kildare, Thorndale, Chicago/State, Sox-35th, 61st, Garfield (South Side elevated), Racine/63rd, 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Roosevelt/Wabash, Halsted/Lake, Kedzie/Lake, Homan and Pulaski/Lake..
- Man stabbed during argument with woman on CTA Kedzie-Homan Blue Line station [October 6: CBS Chicago]
- Blue Line stabbing: Man stabbed on CTA platform in Homan Square, Chicago police say [October 6: ABC Chicago]
- Police Blotter: Woman pepper sprays train passenger [October 5: Wednesday Journal]
- Pace CTA Regional Connect pass streamlines local public transit [October 4: The Daily Northwestern]
- Forest Park mayor wants money from county, state leaders for emergencies from CTA Blue Line stop [October 4: CBS Chicago]
- Forest Park pleads for more help as overdoses on CTA trains continue to rise [October 4: ABC Chicago]
- Leaders in Forest Park call for more safety on the CTA [October 4: Fox Chicago]
- Teen charged with robbing CTA rider on Red Line platform [October 4: Fox Chicago]
- The CTA is on a campaign to win back riders. Who's listening? [October 4: WBEZ Chicago]
- CTA celebrates 75 years of service with a day of nostalgia [October 3: Streetsblog Chicago]
- CTA's Carter selected as APTA chair [October 3: Progressive Railroading]
- CTA along with city leaders celebrate 75 years of service Saturday [October 1: CBS Chicago]
- CTA celebrates 75 years with free vintage bus, train rides through Loop [October 1: ABC Chicago]
- Chicago-Area Transit Systems Reach Pre-Pandemic Milestone With Combined 1 Million Weekday Riders [September 30: NBC Chicago]
- Judge denies bond for suspect charged in Red Line bottle attack, orders him to stay off CTA [September 30: CBS Chicago]
- Man charged in in wine bottle attack, robbery on CTA Red Line train due in bond court [September 30: ABC Chicago]
- No bail for Chicago man accused of brutal CTA Red Line attack [September 30: Fox Chicago]
- Chicago police arrest suspect in connection with brutal CTA Red Line attack [September 29: CBS Chicago]
- Man charged in in wine bottle attack, robbery on CTA Red Line train, CPD announce [September 29: NBC Chicago]
- Several CTA train lines experiencing delays after fire department activity near Adams-Wabash station [September 29: ABC Chicago]
- CTA marks 75th anniversary [September 29: Mass Transit]
- Happy 75th CTA! [September 28: CTA press release]
- Chicago area transit systems reach pre-pandemic milestone with combined 1 million weekday riders [September 28: Chicago Sun-Times]
- New security camera monitors installed in customer service booths at all CTA rail stations [September 28: Mass Transit]
- Mayoral hopeful Kam Buckner releases transportation plan [September 28: Streetsblog Chicago]
- Attackers Hit Older Asian Man With Bottle, Robbed Him On Red Line: 'Absolutely Horrific' [September 28: Block Club Chicago]
- Another win for embattled CTA prez: Installation of new security monitors in stations is complete [September 27: Streetsblog Chicago]
- Incident at Howard 'L' station causes delays on multiple lines [September 27: Evanston Roundtable]
- Increasing CTA Ridership Continues to Break Pandemic Records [September 26: CTA press release]
- Some good news about CTA for a change: Ridership has reached a new pandemic-era record [September 26: Streetsblog Chicago]
- CTA ridership continues to climb as more customers are returning to school or the office [September 26: CBS Chicago]
- New Security Camera Monitors Installed in Customer Service Booths at all CTA Rail Stations [September 26: CTA press release]
- Video shows CTA robbery suspects hit man with bottle on Red Line train near 95th St. Station [September 26: ABC Chicago]
- Chicago alderman urges CTA to reinstate transit police after crime spike on trains, buses [September 26: Fox Chicago]