Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system! Feel free to
browse the site and offer comments here.
Latest Update: September 29, 2014
- Garfield Green Line station profile updated with new info and 44 new photos.
- 10 new 5000-series photos added, with 8 photos added to Gallery 10 and 2 photos added to new Gallery 11.
- 9 new 2200-series photos added, with 1 photo added to Gallery 15 and 8 photos added to new Gallery 16.
- 2600-series Gallery 20 updated with 1 new photo.
- 61st Yard profile updated with new info, 15 new photos, and 6 new track maps.
- Howard Yard profile updated with track maps from 1913, 1967 and 1973.
- Updated the AFC Farecard Gallery, including better scans of some cards and adding some previously missing cards like the original 7-day and Reduced 30-day passes, and original ADA Paratransit Certified Monthly Pass.
- CTA Blue Line trains delayed due to construction debris [September 30: Chicago Tribune]
- Debris on tracks causes significant Blue Line delays on Near West Side [September 30: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Blue Line Trains Delayed By Debris On Tracks [September 30: CBS Chicago]
- Behind the cost of pricey CTA station projects [September 29: Red Eye]
- City Seeks Construction Contract Bids on Three Major Loop Transit Infrastructure Projects [September 29: CTA Press Release]
- Revamp of Loop traffic, bus-only route and bike lanes moving forward [September 29: Chicago Tribune]
- California Blue Line stop set to open after facelift [September 29: Columbia Chronicle]
- CTA do's and don'ts: Etiquette when riding the 'L' [September 29: The DePaulia]
- Got an Idea for the Damen 'L' Stop? Artist in Charge Is All Ears Wednesday [September 27: DNAinfo Chicago]
- CTA to Host Community Meeting Seeking Public Input on the Your New Blue Damen Station Art Project [September 26: CTA Press Release]
- CTA to hold meeting about Damen stop artwork [September 26: Red Eye]
- Green Line Service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT Temporarily Suspended Saturday Morning [September 25: CTA Press Release]
- CTA to replace train-damaged O'Hare escalator next year [September 25: Red Eye]
- Police warn of robberies at Sox Red Line stop [September 24: Red Eye]
- Robberies Reported Near 35th Street Red Line Station [September 24: CBS Chicago]
- Commuters targeted in Red Line platform robberies [September 24: ABC Chicago]
- 2 Chicago suburbs may change rules for development near CTA stops [September 24: Red Eye]
- Damen Blue Line Station Overhaul Won't Help Wicker Park Wheelchair Users [September 23: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Book-share program comes to the CTA [September 23: Red Eye]
- CTA Red Line briefly delayed after unfounded bomb threat [September 23: Chicago Tribune]
- No bomb found after threat at Roosevelt Red Line station [September 23: Voices: Chicago Sun-Times blog]
- Photos Show Progress at CTA California Station Ahead of Opening Next Month [September 22: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Mayor Emanuel Breaks Ground on New 95th Street Bus, Red Line Terminal [September 22: CTA Press Release]
- CTA breaks ground on 95th Street station [September 22: Red Eye]
- CTA Breaks Ground On New 95th Street Red Line, Bus Terminal [September 22: CBS Chicago]
- CTA Breaks Ground on New 95th Street Red Line Terminal [September 22: NBC Chicago]
- CTA begins $240M rehab on 95th Street / Dan Ryan station [September 22: ABC Chicago]
- New 95th Street CTA Station Will Be Safer, Modern and Efficient: Officials [September 22: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Rush demands jobs, contracts on CTA's 95th Street station project [September 22: Politics Early and Often: Chicago Sun-Times blog]
- Does it seem like your bus is always late? CTA has the data [September 22: Crain's Chicago Business]
- Transit survey targets Northwestern students, staff [September 22: The Daily Northwestern]
- CTA sees drop in trespassers on tracks [September 19: CTA Press Release]
- CTA: Fewer people trespassing on rail tracks [September 19: Chicago Tribune]
- CCS International, Inc. awarded CTA North Red and Purple Line Modernization [September 18: Chicago Tribune]
- How the Wilson Red Line Rehab Will Impact You [September 18: DNAinfo Chicago]
- CTA Wilson Station Makeover Could Unleash Influx of Rats into Uptown [September 18: NBC Chicago]
- Rats Expected to Come Out When Uptown Buildings Come Down [September 17: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'