Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, July 24:
- 1955: North Shore Line's Shore Line Route discontinued, including operation over Evanston branch. Interurban platforms closed at Central, Noyes and Foster 'L' stations.
Latest Update: June 6, 2017
- Damen/Lake station profile updated with new info and 1 new photo.
- Washington/Wabash station profile updated with new info and 13 new photos.
- State/Lake station profile updated with new info and 9 new photos.
- 47th Green Line station profile updated with new info and 3 new photos.
- Eight photos added of the 5000-series Cubs World Series wrapped cars -- 4 photos added to 5000-series Gallery 14, and 4 added to new Gallery 15.
- No Brown Line Service Between Western And Kimball On Saturday And Sunday [July 21: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Shooting outside Pink Line: 'I ain't got no words right now' [July 21: Chicago Tribune]
- Skokie Yellow Line Station Maintenance to take place August 1 through August 8 [July 20: Skokie Patch]
- Police Release Pictures Of Suspect In Fatal CTA Stabbing [July 19: CBS Chicago]
- This Man Sought By Police In Stabbing Death at 95th St. 'L' Stop [July 19: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Man seriously injured when hit by CTA train [July 19: Chicago Tribune]
- Man struck by Green Line train in the Loop [July 19: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Woman, 25, Arrested In Stabbing Near Jefferson Park Blue Line [July 18: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Can CTA rail workers strike? They can threaten [July 17: Chicago Tribune]
- The CTA Used To Just Burn Its Old Wooden Train Cars [July 17: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Could The Green Line Be Coming Back To Stony Island? Petitioners Hope So [July 17: DNAinfo Chicago]
- New Washington-Wabash 'L' Stop To Open By Labor Day, City Says [July 13: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Police: Woman stabbed outside Northwest Side CTA station [July 13: Chicago Tribune]
- Woman stabbed outside Jefferson Park CTA Blue Line station [July 13: ABC Chicago]
- Woman Stabbed Outside Jefferson Park Blue Line Station [July 13: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Man In Wheelchair Falls Onto Red Line Tracks At 47th Street Station [July 13: CBS Chicago]
- Mayor Emanuel and CTA Unveil Art Concepts for 95th Street Terminal [July 13: CTA press release]
- Theaster Gates' art at CTA station will nod to African-American experience [July 12: Chicago Tribune]
- Theaster Gates Planning DJ Booth, Fire Hose Artwork For 95th St. Red Line [July 12: DNAinfo Chicago]
- 95th Street's Fire Hose Tapestry, DJ Booth Will be Largest Art Display in CTA History [July 12: South Side Patch]
- CTA Red Line rider shot by BB or pellet gun at 79th Street station [July 12: ABC Chicago]
- BB Gun Shooter Wounds Man at 79th Street Red Line Stop [July 12: South Side Patch]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'