Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, November 23:
- No historical events of significance happened today...
Latest Update: November 20, 2017
- Wilson station profile updated with 2 new photos.
- Thorndale station profile updated with expanded info about its establishment and 1 new photo of the original, temporary station.
- State/Lake station profile updated with new info about the planned new station.
- Randolph/Wabash station profile updated with new info about its demolition.
- Leland Interlocking profile updated with new info about its removal.
- Howard Yard profile updated with new info about its renovation and expansion circa 1990.
- CTA Introduces Balanced Operating, Capital Budgets Following Major State Funding Cut [November 22: CTA press release]
- On Thanksgiving eve, CTA serves up budget -- including 25-cent fare hike [November 22: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA announces plans for 25 cent fare hikes for bus and train riders [November 22: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA to hike fares 25 cents a ride [November 22: Crain's Chicago Business]
- CTA Proposes 25-Cent Fare Hike For 2018; No Service Cuts [