Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, June 27:
- No historical events of significance happened today...
Latest Update: June 6, 2017
- Damen/Lake station profile updated with new info and 1 new photo.
- Washington/Wabash station profile updated with new info and 13 new photos.
- State/Lake station profile updated with new info and 9 new photos.
- 47th Green Line station profile updated with new info and 3 new photos.
- Eight photos added of the 5000-series Cubs World Series wrapped cars -- 4 photos added to 5000-series Gallery 14, and 4 added to new Gallery 15.
- Man Hit By Red Line Car, Killed, After Falling From Bike At Sox Station [June 25: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Bicyclist hit by Red Line train in Bridgeport dies [June 24: Chicago Tribune]
- Officials: Man, 19, fatally hit by Red Line train at 35th [June 24: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Man Fatally Struck by CTA Train After Falling From Bike [June 24: NBC Chicago]
- Bicyclists falls, fatally struck by Red Line train [June 24: ABC Chicago]
- Madison Street to close Saturday night in Loop for CTA construction [June 24: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Rainbow-decorated CTA train cars rolling to mark Pride Parade weekend [June 24: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA decks out train with rainbow flag for Pride [June 23: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA Shows LGTBQ Pride With Rainbow-Wrapped Trains [June 23: NBC Chicago]
- Take The Gay Train: CTA Debuts Rainbow Red Line Car For Pride Parade [June 23: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Take a ride on the CTA's rainbow-covered Pride train this weekend [June 23: Time Out Chicago]
- Police: Woman fondled on CTA Green Line platform [June 23: ABC Chicago]
- Woman fondled on CTA Green Line platform [June 23: WGN Chicago]
- Man Who Fondled Woman At CTA Green Line Station Sought By Police [June 23: DNAinfo Chicago]
- CTA Earns High Marks for Customer Satisfaction [June 22: CTA press release]
- The small victory of the single seat on the el train [June 22: Chicago Reader]
- Man Charged With Firing Gun At Red Line Subway Stop [June 19: CBS Chicago]
- Charges pending in CTA Red Line shooting [June 17: Chicago Tribune]
- Suspect in custody after shooting at Division Red Line station [June 17: ABC Chicago]
- Police Track Stolen Phone, Nab Thieves At CTA Grand Station [June 16: DNAinfo Chicago]
- CTA's 125-Year-Old Garfield Green Stationhouse to Become Washington Park Neighborhood Community Showcase and Small Business Incubator [June 14: CTA press release]
- University of Chicago to renovate, reopen historic CTA Green Line station [June 14: UChicago News]
- Oldest 'L' Station To Be Rented To Theaster Gates, U. of C. For Arts Block [June 14: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Blue Line To O'Hare Slowed For Suspicious Package, Creating Big Delays [June 14: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'