Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system! Feel free to
browse the site and offer comments here.
Latest Update: January 17, 2015
- Damen Blue Line station profile updated with new info and 75 new photos.
- Damen Tower profile updated with new info and 2 new photos.
- 5 new Holiday Train photos added -- 2 photos to Gallery 3 and 4 photos to new Gallery 4.
- 9 new 4000-series car photos added -- 4 photos to Gallery 19 and 5 photos to new Gallery 20.
- CTA to begin shutting off rail station heaters Tuesday [March 31: Red Eye]
- Loop-bound Brown Line trains experiencing 'major delays' [March 30: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA Rider Satisfaction Down, But Still High [March 30: CBS Chicago]
- 77% of CTA Riders Satisfied With Service -- Down From 81% in 2011 [March 30: NBC Chicago]
- Nearly 80 percent of CTA riders satisfied with trains, buses, survey says [March 30: ABC Chicago]
- Ventra contract swells by about $65 million because of add-ons [March 29: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA trains stopped briefly in Loop after person falls onto tracks [March 27: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA to expand ex-offender jobs program [March 27: Red Eye]
- CTA Second Chance job program to offer diesel mechanic training [March 27: ABC Chicago]
- Rahm, CTA Expand Second Chance Program to Aid Ex-Offenders [March 27: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Blue Line crash at O'Hare: NTSB releases train driver interview, documents [March 26: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA train operator tells NTSB she turned off heat, felt sleepy before crash at O'Hare [March 26: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Prior To Blue Line Crash, Operator Worked Long Hours, Nursed Cold, Went To Flag-Football Practice [March 26: CBS Chicago]
- CTA train operator worked long hours before 2014 crash at O'Hare, documents show [March 26: Daily Herald]
- CTA to replace O'Hare station escalator wiped out in train crash [March 24: Chicago Tribune]
- Year after Blue Line crash, fired train operator says 'I'm out here struggling' [March 24: Red Eye]
- CTA to Replace Blue Line Escalator One Year After Accident [March 24: NBC Chicago]
- CTA Replacing O'Hare Escalator That Train Rode Up Exactly One Year Ago [March 24: DNAinfo Chicago]
- How the Ventra app could affect CTA rides [March 23: Red Eye]
- Man found dead inside CTA car at O'Hare [March 23: Chicago Tribune]
- Man found dead on Blue Line train at O'Hare [March 23: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Overall, Most Mass Transit Users Satisfied With Service [March 21: CBS Chicago]
- Rail Advocates: Gov. Rauner's Proposed Mass Transit Cuts Will Hurt Economic Development [March 21: CBS Chicago]
- Testers needed to try paying for Metra, Pace with phone app [March 21: Daily Herald]
- Smart Phone App To Be Tested As Universal Fare Card For CTA, Metra And Pace [March 20: CBS Chicago]
- Ventra app presented at show-and-tell, expected to be rolled out soon [March 20: Chicago Tribune]
- All aboard: 100 volunteers needed to test Ventra ticketing app [March 20: Chicago Sun-Times]
- RTA vows to 'do our share' amid $170 million in proposed transit cuts [March 19: Chicago Sun-Times]
- RTA Chief Warns Of Higher Fares, Reduced Service Under Rauner Budget [March 19: CBS Chicago]
- Service Cuts, Fare Hikes Possible, Transit Officials Warn [March 19: NBC Chicago]
- Public transit funding cuts in proposed Ill. budget could cost riders, RTA says [March 19: ABC Chicago]
- Impact of Proposed Transit Funding Cuts [March 19: WTTW Chicago Tonight]
- Transit riders are warned to brace for possible service cuts, fare hikes [March 19: Chicago Tribune]
- RTA: Fare hikes, service cuts 'very likely' if Rauner budget flies [March 19: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Another lawsuit filed against CTA for O'Hare Blue Line derailment, crash [March 17: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Transit employee contributions in spotlight Wednesday [March 17: Chicago Tribune]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'