Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, May 30:
- 1899: Lake Street Elevated operation extended to Harlem Race Track via an electrified street railway track via Cuyler, Harrison, Harlem, and 13th St. Service runs for race events only.
Latest Update: May 29, 2017
- Washington/Wabash station profile updated with new info and 13 new photos.
- State/Lake station profile updated with new info and 9 new photos.
- 47th Green Line station profile updated with new info and 3 new photos.
- Eight photos added of the 5000-series Cubs World Series wrapped cars -- 4 photos added to 5000-series Gallery 14, and 4 added to new Gallery 15.
- RTA Worrying About State's Backlog In Public Transportation Funding [May 29: CBS Chicago]
- Yellow Line service cut for nightly power line work through Wednesday [May 27: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA Seeks Community Input on New Artwork for Jefferson Park Blue Line Station [May 26: CTA press release]
- Midway makeover picks up steam; city seeks proposals to expand garage [May 23: Chicago Sun-Times]
- President Trump's budget would squeeze Illinois [May 23: Chicago Sun-Times]
- ComEd to Perform Maintenance at the Skokie-Oakton CTA Station [May 23: Evanston Review]
- Yellow Line Maintenance Work Will Shut Stations Early Starting Saturday [May 23: Skokie Patch]
- Loop street closures planned Saturday night for CTA construction [May 19: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA Commuters and Chicago's Homeless: Growing Concerns [May 18: Chicago Defender]
- Signal problems disrupt Pink Line service [May 18: Chicago Sun-Times]
- To save or sell the Thompson Center? 3 things to consider before taking a side [May 17: Crain's Chicago Business]
- Chicago's Low-Line Project to Offer a New Urban Retreat [May 17: WTTW Chicago]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'