Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, March 28:
- 1925: Began Niles Center "L" service between Howard and Dempster via newly-completed trackage owned by CNS&M Ry.
- 2008: Renovated Southport station opened.
- Bank Robber Nabbed on Red Line Train: FBI [March 25: NBC Chicago]
- ComEd maintenance affects CTA Yellow Line service this weekend [March 24: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Here's what's at stake for Chicago under Trump's budget [March 22: Crain's Chicago Business]
- Wilson CTA Station's Reconstruction Plans "Bring It Back To Life" [March 21: CBS Chicago]
- Chicago should decriminalize fare evasion [March 21: Chicago Reader]
- CTA Says Wrigleyville Residents Must Pay to Park Under 'L' Tracks [March 20: NBC Chicago]
- What The 'L' Happened To CTA Tokens? [March 19: WBEZ Chicago]
- Group of men robbing people walking in Loop, on Red Line [March 18: Chicago Tribune]
- Happy Transit Workers Appreciation Day! [March 17: CBS Chicago]
- Red Line Robbers Punched Victims In The Face, Police Say
[March 17: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Washington-Wabash station construction will disrupt Loop transit this weekend
[March 17: Time Out Chicago]
- Mayor Emanuel, CTA, CRRC Sifang America Break Ground on New CTA Railcar Manufacturing Facility in Chicago [March 16: CTA press release]
- CTA To Break Ground On New $100 Million Rail Car Factory [March 16: CBS Chicago]
- Chicago Breaks Ground on CTA Rail Car Production Facility [March 16: NBC Chicago]
- CTA breaks ground on new rail car factory
[March 16: ABC Chicago]
- New CTA Rail Car Factory A 'Ray Of Hope' For Southeast Side: Ald. Garza [March 16: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Wabash and Washington to close, CTA trains rerouted this weekend [March 16: Chicago Sun-Times]
- New Loop 'L' Stop Construction To Shut Down Wabash Avenue Traffic [March 16: DNAinfo Chicago]
- First step to new CTA rail cars: Build the factory in Chicago [March 15: Chicago Tribune]
- Rahm Emanuel set to break ground on new CTA rail car factory [March 15: Chicago Sun-Times]
- What Do You Want From The Belmont Flyover? CTA Asks Neighbors To Weigh In [March 15: DNAinfo Chicago]
- CTA construction to cause lane closure on Dan Ryan [March 15: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'