Chicago "L".org, the internet's largest resource for
information on Chicago's rapid transit system!
Today in "L" history...
In honor of the 125th anniversary of the start of "L" service this year, we present these events that occured on this date, February 21:
- 1993: North-South and West-South through-routes reconfigured to create Red Line (Howard-Dan Ryan) and Green Line (Lake-Englewood-Jackson Park).
- 1993: Rail route names changed to color names.
- Woodlawn sees another chance at revival in Obama library [February 21: Chicago Tribune]
- Woman Carrying Bag Infested With Bugs On CTA Red Line [February 21: CBS Chicago]
- CTA rider says woman carrying bedbug-infested bag got back on train [February 20: ABC Chicago]
- Bugs On The Red Line? CTA Removes Car From Service [February 20: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Shots fired at Red Line station on South Side [February 19: Chicago Tribune]
- 'L' routes to O'Hare, Midway are among best U.S. airport transit systems, report says [February 18: Chicago Business Journal]
- CTA uses social media to deny rumors of immigration checkpoints: 'You are welcome here' [February 16: Chicago Tribune]
- CPD: Addison Red Line bag checks not related to immigration [February 15: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Rumors of Immigration Checks at CTA Stations Are False, Officials Say [February 15: NBC Chicago]
- That Rumor About ICE Raids And CTA 'Checkpoints'? Not True [February 15: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Emanuel's surprise pitch: Overhaul south leg of CTA Green Line [February 14: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Emanuel's D.C. wish list: More anti-crime help, Green Line rebuild [February 14: Crain's Chicago Business]
- Rahm Neighborhood Fed Wish List: Agents, Green Line Fix, After-School Help [February 14: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Federal Checkpoint On Red Line At Addison [February 14: Chicago Patch]
- Green Line Thieves Are Taking Phones From Loop Commuters: Police [February 14: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Chicago Police: Teens stole cellphones on CTA train in Loop [February 14: Fox Chicago]
- Mayor Emanuel, CTA Announce Plans For New Green Line Station at Damen Avenue [February 9: CTA press release]
- City plans new CTA Green Line station at Damen, near United Center [February 9: Chicago Tribune]
- CTA will add new Green Line station at Damen [February 9: Chicago Sun-Times]
- CTA to open new el stop by United Center [February 9: Crain's Chicago Business]
- CTA To Open New Green Line Stop Near United Center, Kinzie Corridor [February 9: CBS Chicago]
- New $50 Million Green Line Station Planned Near United Center [February 9: DNAinfo Chicago]
- Artistic Lights Under 'L' Tracks Could Transform West Loop's Lake Street [February 9: DNAinfo Chicago]
- 'Straight White Men,' Pit Bulls, CTA Attendant Celebrated In Lincoln Park [February 9: DNAinfo Chicago]
CTA to Upgrade Three Substations to Improve Service and Reliability [February 8: CTA press release]
- Reilly urges CTA to allow more musicians -- to get them off street [February 8: Chicago Sun-Times]
- Man beaten, stabbed, robbed on Blue Line platform [February 8: Chicago Tribune]
- Man Beaten, Stabbed, Robbed At Blue Line Station In The Loop
[February 8: CBS Chicago]
- Man Beaten, Stabbed in Violent Blue Line Robbery
[February 8: NBC Chicago]
- Man beaten, stabbed during robbery at Loop CTA Blue Line station [February 8: ABC Chicago]
- Chicago-L.org is not responsible for broken
links, removed pages, or other sites'